We were officially cleared to start stim meds tonight! I will be taking 150IU of Follistim, my calendar says 1 amp (whatever that is) of Menopur, and I'm dropping the Lupron down to 5 units. Oh and I also have to take 80mg of baby asprin. Side note on that, Jared couldn't go to the appt today so when I told him that I had to get the asprin he asked me if I was having a heart attack! Gotta love his EMT background :-)
For my family and friends who are wondering what the heck all of these drugs are for it is easiest to just say that the Lupron prevents me from ovulating too early. The doctor wants to control this so he can get the eggs out when he wants them as opposed to when my body would do it naturally. The other two meds help me to produce multiple follicles and hopefully multiple mature eggs. The asprin helps to thin the blood and I'm sure they have a good reason why they prescribe it but I can't remember right now.
I will post an update tomorrow on how it goes doing 3 shots at a time. Thank goodness Jared is home for the next few nights to do them for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Here you go!!! Good luck with everything!!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck sweetie!
ReplyDeleteWow, good luck with starting stims!!! Fasten the seat belts - the roller coaster ride is set to begin!!!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I am thinking if 1 amp means ampule than it is 75iu or at least that's how much is in one ampule in Canada :)
Again, good luck with 3 shots tonight!!!
Good luck! You're on your way!!!
ReplyDeleteIf you find out any more about the aspirin, let me know... I've had problems with thin Endometrium during my IUIs and was told I might need aspirin and Viagra to thicken it up during IVF... xx
ReplyDeleteGood luck you are on your way.
ReplyDeleteHopefully your Dr.'s office will be able to get you in and out from your US appointments like mine did I was usually only there like 30 min.
I really "liked" the follistim pen needle it was super tiny and didn't hurt at all...