Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

-Proverbs 3:5-6




Monday, March 21, 2011

Follicle Check #1

We had our first follicle check on Sunday. I had been taking the stim meds for 4 days and apparently they are working. I had a total of 32 measurable follicles!! There were 16 on each side. I had quite a few that were at 9 and 10 and the others were between 6-8. The nurse was really pleased with the way I responded. She said my estrogen was fabulous, although I'm not exactly sure what the number is. The doctor said I got an A+ for the day and that I was slightly an overachiever. He decided to lower my Follistim to 100 from 150. So now I go back on Wednesday to check my progress. I'm hoping they all continue to grow so we have quite a few to work with. My friend pointed out that I could be having the retrieval in a week from now and asked if I was nervous. At this point, I'm just focusing on crossing one hurdle at a time and praying that the follicles continue to grow for Wednesday's ultrasound. So far, so good!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds good. Be sure to keep hydrated.

    I wouldn't be surprised if they drop your amounts again your cycle is looking very similar to mine.

    Good Luck!

    Wish me luck too Beta tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news!!! Just don't grow anymore than the 30 follicles...you don't need 60+ like I had...that is BAD news! LOL!! Glad they are dropping your follistim a bit. Sounds like you have the perfect amount of follies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! That is great! You're moving right along! Of course ya want lots of folicles to work with for sure, but make sure you stay hydrated, and try and research some about OHSS if you can cause you don't want to produce TOO many. It's pretty common I guess, but I didn't know enough about it and ended up getting it after our first retrieval, and it was bad news! Not saying that it will happen to you by any means, but it's good to know about everything you can up front. I know you have said this is probably your only shot at IVF, so I just want ya to have the BEST chance possible. Maybe just mention it to your doctors or something and if they don't seem to have a concern, then ya probably don't need to worry about it. I'll be praying for you that this is it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry..I hope you don't mind my previous comment! I just re-read it and kinda realized I might have come off being a Debbie-downer and I didn't mean it like that at all! You're doing great so far, I just wanted to give some positive advice from my bad experience I guess. Ah sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to hear that you are progressing nicely!!!
    With reference to the post above, just wanted to say that it is still too early and it is not certain that all 32 will continue to grow, and if your doctor is lowering your dose, it does look like he/she is taking OHSS into account. Will be waiting for your update from Wednesday's u/s :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo hoo! Congrats on a great 1st check..another hurdle youve crossed.:) Good luck tomorrow morning, looking forward to hearing a new follicle number!

    ReplyDelete