Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

-Proverbs 3:5-6




Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Follicle Check #2

Holy cow things are moving! I went in this morning for my second ultrasound after stimming for 7 days. All 32 are still growing and I might have had an extra one in there but I can't remember. I had one at 18, quite a few at 17, 16, and 15 and the others between 10-14. The ultrasound tech and nurse were very excited which made me feel great. The nurse then sent me over to the hospital to do all of my pre-admission paperwork! I was so surprised to be doing this already but was very excited. It took about an hour but I am all registered and ready to go for the retrieval and the transfer. My nurse called this afternoon to tell me that I will drop my Follistim down to 75 for tonight and tomorrow and will go back for a final follicle check on Friday. The doctor wants a few of the smaller ones to have a chance to catch up so I will stim for a few more days. If all looks good on Friday, I will trigger that night and have the retrieval on Sunday!!! Holy cow this is moving fast! I'm excited, scared, nervous, anxious, etc. I'm feeling about a million different emotions right now but I know this is all in God's hands and that helps to keep me somewhat calm.

I will update on Friday after my appointment. I never was able to post a medicine pic since my work computer wouldn't let me, so here are all of the meds I've been using:

5 comments:

  1. Sounds great, Lori! Is your RE talking to you about the possibility of OHSS at all? I don't want to alarm you, but you have a lot of follicles in there! Might be worth asking him/her about cabergoline...that will help keep OHSS at bay.

    So happy things are going to smoothly! This is a very good sign that things will work out just the way you hope they will!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard anything about cabergoline. I will bring it up at my appt. on Friday. Surprisingly, no one at my clinic seems concerned about the possibility of me getting OHSS. They just keep telling me to make sure I'm well hydrated. If it wasn't for the awesome supporters I have on here, I wouldn't even know anything about OHSS (other than the info on the IVF consent forms). Thank you for all of your advice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you!!! That's such a great number of follicles, and I am very happy that your RE has decided to wait a bit for the little ones to catch up. Will be waiting for your update on Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow great number, you should definatnly have some snowbabies left over for later!!!
    I will be thinking of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I'd just mention it to them. Again, I don't want to alarm you because you might not be at risk. But, I know Mrs.Thompson had less follicles than you and got OHSS just as bad as I did. It seems like people with PCOS mostly get it though, so you might not even be a risk. Just wanted to bring it up just in case you wanted to mention it....taking the cabergoline might be worth it just as a precaution.

    ReplyDelete