My U/S went well this morning and other than the slight cold I have, I felt fine all morning. They counted more than 16 on my left side and at least 16 on my right. I had one at 24, a few at 22 and the rest of the mature ones seemed to be between 18-20. She told me my ovaries are the size of grapefruits right now. I admit I haven't felt 100% comfortable these last few days but I had no clue things were that swollen. Guess the 80-100 ounces of liquids I've been drinking per day is helping. All of that liquid though has made the bathroom and I best friends over the last few days :-)
So back to my follicle count, I tell the nurse my concerns about getting OHSS. For those who don't know what that is, it is Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome. It can be very dangerous as it causes fluid to build up in your abdomen and you could possibly have to go to the hospital to have it drained. She didn't seem too concerned but told me that my doctor may only have me take half of the trigger shot or he would prescribe me a medication that can help either prevent or help with the severity of OHSS, I can't remember exactly what it does but its supposed to help. Well she called me back later this morning to say that I am going to do both. I will only take a 1/2 cc of the trigger shot tonight at 8:45pm. I am to pick up my prescription before Sunday to start taking Sunday night. I'm praying very hard that I don't get OHSS!!
We have to be at the hospital at 7:15 am on Sunday morning. I'm hoping we end up going Saturday night and staying overnight since my clinic is over 1 1/2 hours away. I don't know that I'll post between now and then but I'll try to update with the number of eggs we get on Sunday afternoon. So excited and nervous right now!Wish us luck!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

they worried about that with me as well. I took that pill too, but can't remember what it was called.
ReplyDeleteNot to scare you are anything, but I hurt much more after the retrieval than I thought I would. It hurt to to get up out of a chair or from laying down...if the hubs was around I had him help me...
You'll do great just keep drinking.
Just get used to the bathroom thing, when you get pregnant it is non stop!!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear how it goes, thinking of you!!
Oh I'm so glad you're taking all the precautions! I'm so excited for you! Everything will go great! Can't wait for the update!
ReplyDelete