Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

-Proverbs 3:5-6




Friday, March 11, 2011

Fun Friday Post: To test or not to test?

So I thought I would ask for opinions on this subject as I am still on the fence as to whether I will take a home pregnancy test before my blood draw at the doctor. Ok I know I am definitely putting the cart before the horse here but it's a slow day today and these are the thoughts that go through my head when I'm left alone :-)

Ok so should I test early? Also, I will be taking an HCG trigger shot to induce ovulation before the egg retrieval. For those not familiar with this, it causes a positive pregnancy test and can last in the system for up to 14 days. So my next question is, do I test continuously to see when this comes out of my system? That way if I see a positive after its out of my system, I will know for sure that its for real. Or do I just wait until about 14 days after the shot to test?

2 comments:

  1. I did not test at home. Mainly because I was too scared! But if it was negative I didn't want to have to go through that twice...once with the HPT and then over the phone.

    I knew the HCG trigger was probably out of my system but I still felt like what if? What if it isn't and I get all excited for no reason?

    I also couldn't stand the thought of seeing ANOTHER negative pregnancy test...

    Anyway...it is totally up to you! Oh, and if you decide not to test then I suggest not having any HPT's in your house...it is too hard to resist ;)

    I'm super excited for you and sending you lots of hugs and happy thoughts throughout this process!

    BTW...I'm a new follower!

    kellyann317.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I half agree with Kelly but I also like to be prepared, so I think I might test at home on day 14 :)

    ReplyDelete