Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

-Proverbs 3:5-6




Friday, April 29, 2011

Reminders of how blessed I really am

Today has really made me count my blessings and thank God for the beautiful gifts He has given us. Let me start by saying that if I am 100% honest, I have been more overwhelmed than excited about the news of having 2 babies. We are doing ok financially but are by no means well off so of course I have been worried how all this will work out. Not to mention just all of the work that twins entail.

Well last night I woke up at about 2:45 am and used the bathroom for the 3rd time. I happened to notice that there was a big glob of dark brown and dark red blood. I freaked!! I immediately began praying and praying that God watch over these two babies of ours and keep them safe. When I woke up this morning, there was still some very light brown spotting. I called the nurse and she said that as long as it wasn't bright red and I wasn't cramping (which I thankfully wasn't) that I should be ok. I'm happy to say that it has gone away for the moment and I pray it doesn't come back.

I have also noticed this morning that two girls whose blogs I follow, just had their 2nd failed IVF cycles. My heart breaks for them! I know what heartbreak Jared and I have been through already and cannot fathom all that these girls have been through.

Needless to say, my attitude has been seriously adjusted this morning. I am happy to say that I am thrilled about the fact that we were not just blessed with one, but two babies!! And I will be thanking God everyday for these gifts!

4 comments:

  1. Thinking of you Lori and your two little fighters in there! XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks LB! Make sure you read the post before the one I just put up...when you get a chance, it's kinda long!

    Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so I had a baby and then fell off the blog planet and now I check back to see that you are having TWINS!!! So exciting! Congrats to you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lori!! I awarded your blog with the Versatile Blogger!! Check it out on my blog! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete