Sunday, April 17, 2011
Progesterone Shot Reaction: Advice Needed
I am hoping someone can give me some advice to this strange reaction I've just developed. As you know, I stopped taking the progesterone shots on Wednesday and have switched to the inserts. Well ever since I stopped taking the shots, my hips have been out of control itching. Initially, my husband thought it meant that they were just healing. I have felt bumps on my hips but just assumed these were welts from the medicine going in and they just hadn't gone away yet. So today I did my best to not scratch my hips and just noticed about an hour ago that they are bright red where it is itching. I'm even thinking it may be swollen also. I realize this can be a side effect of the progesterone but it never did this while I was actually taking the shots. Anyone know what's going on? I plan on calling my nurse in the morning but just thought I would see what everyone thought first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I was really itchy too...I just kept slathering on the lotion something without fregrance, etc.. It got better.
ReplyDeleteMoist heat should help...only thing that helped me!
ReplyDeleteI did this too, and only after I stopped taking the shots. Itchy and red for a little over a week and then it stopped. I don't think you have anything to be worried about, but if it doesn't stop in a week or so, I'd ask the doctor just to be safe.
ReplyDelete