Wow! 19 comments!! I am absolutely floored by the outpouring of support from all of you. You have helped keep me sane throughout this whole process and been some of my biggest cheerleaders! Words cannot express how much I appreciate everyone who said a prayer or simply wished us luck. It means the world to me, so thank you all!
Now onto the details of finding out we are preggo. So after debating and debating about testing early, Jared and I finally decided that we could not simply wait for the doctor to call us with the bloodwork results. I would seriously go crazy sitting around waiting for my phone to ring. Plus we also agreed that whether it was positive or negative, we were thankful we had 6 frozen and at least had a back up plan. So I bought some tests and decided that it was now or never. Still being incredibly nervous for the result, I told Jared that I would leave the test in the bathroom and he would have to go in and check it. Well I peed on the stick and by the time I stood up and flushed the toilet, I happened to glance down. What did I see? But the second line was starting to appear. I freaked out and screamed for Jared to come into the bathroom. I yelled, "do you see that line?!" He said that he saw it and immediately I could not stop smiling. We hugged and then of course, he brought me back down to reality with the question, "is it possible that its a false positive since you took the trigger shot?" Way to ruin my moment buddy! I told him that we only took half of the dosage and with my IUIs I always took the full amount and it never showed a positive at this point. He made me call the nurse at our clinic for confirmation. She was already gone for the day so I left a message. Over the next few days I proceeded to take another 6 tests :-) I just couldn't help it. I have never seen anything so beautiful in my whole life. The digital that read "pregnant" really helped seal the realization for Jared.
So truthfully, going into Monday I already knew the results but just wanted to know the number. I needed to know that it was a strong number and I'm hoping it doubles correctly. I go back tomorrow morning to check that. We are so thrilled and even though I wanted to wait until at least after the 6 week ultrasound, we have pretty much told most of our families. Now that the numbers came back good, I can't get Jared to stop telling people :-) Bless his heart, he is so excited! So wish us luck tomorrow that we have at least a doubled, if not more, number!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

XOXOXOXO!!!!
ReplyDeleteYEAH!!!! COngratulations, what a wonderful story. Praying for a smooth pregnancy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteDefinitely wishing you luck for tomorrow and a high number! So happy for you xx
ReplyDelete