Ok, I admit it, I am a worrier. Anyone who knows me in real life is not surprised at all by that admission. But I also consider myself a planner so I guess my worrying does have positive results sometimes. Well today's worry was about health insurance for the baby(ies) once that day arrives. I know I am TOTALLY getting ahead of myself here but I want to make sure we won't be completely poor once the kiddo(s) arrive.
I have mentioned before on here that my husband's insurance provider is a very small company and did not even cover the OB/GYN I wanted to use. So at the beginning of this year, I switched over to my own company's insurance which has better coverage for me. My company and my husband's company basically cover the entire coverage costs so we pay very little out of pocket which we are very grateful for! So this morning I decide to see what my insurance costs would go to if I added a child to the policy. Imagine my surprise when out of pocket I would have to pay $522 per month!! There is no way we could survive with that coming out of my paychecks plus the added cost of daycare.
I decided to call Jared's insurance provider to see if the pediatrician I want to use and the hospital we go to are in network. I was super nervous but to my surprise, they are both in network!! Thank goodness! Jared's out of pocket cost is still very minimal for family coverage so we will still be able to survive without going broke :-) So the current plan is for me to stay on my insurance and for Jared to cover himself and the kiddo(s). I know we still have a good long while before this will happen but as I said before, I am a planner.
Not counting today, there are 10 more days until our ultrasound!! Time, please fly by quickly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I hope those ten days go by quickly too! Looking forward to hearing the details!
ReplyDelete