Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

-Proverbs 3:5-6




Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Second Beta

Our second beta came back at 505! We more than doubled and I'm thrilled!! I asked the nurse if she thought it was probably just one and she said yes but that we have shocked them before :-) Guess they really didn't think I would produce so many folliles on such a low dose of meds either.

Our ultrasound was scheduled for Monday, April 25 at 11am. That seems like a lifetime away from now! I absolutely cannot wait to see that heartbeat!!

This may be a little TMI but the doctor switched me to progesterone vaginal inserts instead of the shots. While I'm thrilled to give my poor hips a break, I'm a little nervous because I know the shots were working. Has anyone had success with these? Also, has anyone's doctor ever switched them from shots to inserts? I've never heard of this but my nurse reassured me that I would be fine.

12 comments:

  1. I am currently taking the inserts, and I have not had any problems at all. I have never taken the shots, so I can't compare. My progesterone has remained adequate on the inserts. I hope yours does, too :) Congrats on the great beta result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing both the PIO shot and the inserts. Inserts are just fine and, trust me, I can't wait to be only on them! They are much easier than those shots!!! Congrats on another great beta! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm just on the shots so I'm no help. I am looking forward to only having 3 more weeks of the shots...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the beta!!!

    April 25th is my bday, so I know you'll get more good news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, what amazing numbers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats!! such great news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the beta more than doubling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great beta report! Our first ultrasound is Friday, April 22nd. I hope we both have more good news to share soon:]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations... great number! And an earlier scan - how exciting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! Congratulations! Yes. We actually went to retrieval yesterday. Transfer is Saturday. Funny I didn't think anyone would notice it in the timeline. We are staying quiet about it in real life and only a couple people know. I'm so glad things worked out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on great numbers. The progesterone inserts are messy. Yuck! But you do what you have to do, right?

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a great number! Ours didn't quite double and we ended up with two, so ya never know! =) Can't wait till your appt!

    ReplyDelete