Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Progesterone shot question
So I've been doing the progesterone shots for just over a week now and I am definitely sore as expected. The thing I didn't expect was knots under the skin where we've been doing the injections. Has anyone else experienced this? It almost feels like the medicine is pooling in there. Also, each shot is bleeding more and more as we go along which I'm assuming is from sticking the same place over and over again. Now don't get me wrong, they are bearable and I'll do them as long as necessary but just wanted to see if this all sounds normal to others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds just like my experience completely! I also have big welts on both upper buttocks from the shots. Be sure to rub the area after injection so as to get the PIO to disburse. My dr. even said to rub it a little through out the day here and there, just to make sure all the medicine doesn't just sit there and gets where it needs to go. But, those huge knots are completely normal. Both with my IVF and FET, I had them, and my FET was successful, so I was obviously doing it right! Keep up the good work! All the bruises, welts, knots, pain, etc. are worth it, right??? :)
ReplyDeleteI've just posted about something similar! I've just started my downregging meds in my upper arms and noticed the dose causing a lump in the arm if I don't get my bloke to massage around the area at the same time (like the nurse did when she showed me).
ReplyDeleteMaybe you could try that?
It's completely normal. I've had this with other injections. It's something to do with scar tissue I think. I strongly agree with the rubbing- it brings blood to the area which will make it heal quicker. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteTry massaging it afterwards while walking around for a few minutes and then putting a heating pad to it for awhile. I have the sore backside but no knots...I also put the syringe/oil under the heating pad for a couple of minutes before we inject it... not hot, but warm to the touch. It helps it go in much quicker. Good Luck!
ReplyDeleteYep, its normal. I had knots in my booty for months, even after stopping the PIO!
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work..cant wait to see an announcement on here..SOON!
I actually sat on a heating pad about 10 minutes before my husband did my shot. It warmed the area to help the progesterone oil inject better. And, my husband massaged the area after each injection. We also alternated hips to even out the soarness.
ReplyDeleteHope this helps! Good luck!