BABIES Belgard!!! Yes, that is right, TWINS!! Sorry about the bad picture but each baby is just to the left of the little triangles. Even the doctor and nurse were surprised by this. Based on my betas, we were all convinced it was just one (all of us except Jared).
Ok so here's the whole story. I felt pretty confident going into the ultrasound yesterday but was still a little nervous. Once the ultrasound started I didn't see anything immediately and got a little scared. Then all of a sudden I see two sacs on the screen. At first they both looked empty but she focused in on one and we saw the beating heart. It was amazing!! We even got to hear the heartbeat. It was 106 which she assured me was good. They want anything over 100. Then she goes over to the other sac and sure enough, there was the other little heartbeat. This one was 109. Needless to say, I was shocked. I just kinda sat there for a few minutes in disbelief. Meanwhile, Jared is pretty much giddy in the corner watching the screen. He was convinced it was twins all along.
After the ultrasound, we went to talk with the doctor and nurse. They both seemed almost as surprised as I was. They did warn us that with all twin pregnancies, there are early risks of losing one. We are going back in two weeks on May 9th to make sure they are growing correctly. Both are currently exactly on track for where they should be in size at this point. The doctor said that while he does give everyone this warning about early losses, he doesn't see any reason for us to worry at this point given the good sizes and strong heartbeats. We are just praying and staying optimistic that both babies will stay put. Our due date is currently December 17th. Talk about a heck of a Christmas gift this year :-)

Yeaaahhhhh!!! Sooo excited and happy for you both!
ReplyDeleteYeah so excited for you. Our ultrasound turned out well today too. Hope you are feeling good.
ReplyDeleteWow, congrats on the babies!!!!!
ReplyDeleteDouble blessing! Congrats! I'm just a few days ahead and can't wait to follow your journey!
ReplyDeleteWooHoo!!! That is so awesome!! Welcome to the twin mommy club, haha! Not that there is a club, but you know what I mean =)
ReplyDeleteFantastic news!!!! I am so happy for you....way to go babies!!!!
ReplyDeleteOMG Lori!! This is wonderful! I think I need to give myself a pat on the back though...because not only did I KNOW you were going to get your BFP, but I just knew there would be twins! I'm so excited for you guys! XOXO!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Lori!!! So happy for you and Jared!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! What an amazing way to end the year!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, congratulations!! I have been reading about your journey from Hoping for our own Peanut! I am so happy for you!!
ReplyDeleteYayyy!! Im so happy for you guys! Sounds like you have 2 strong peanuts in there.
ReplyDeleteWow, such an amazing surprise and an amazing Christmas to look forward to! xx
ReplyDelete