Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

-Proverbs 3:5-6




Tuesday, May 10, 2011

8 Weeks

How Far Along: 8 weeks, 3 days

Size of Baby: At yesterday's ultrasound Baby A was 13mm and Baby B was 17mm. Doc said this was right on track.

Picture of Baby: Can't get the ultrasound pic to load on my work computer so I'll have to post it later.

Maternity Clothes: None of my current pants fit. They fit perfect before I started the IVF meds and getting pregnant but are super uncomfortable now. I bought one pair of black pants that are early maternity that I currently love and a friend gave me a brown pair of maternity capris. Might have to alternate these two for awhile :-)

Weight Gain: I think I'm still about the same as right before the transfer but I definitely feel biggger.

Belly: It has a little extra pooch to it but not sure it looks a ton bigger. It just feels a ton bigger!

Stretch Marks: Just the ones I've always had. Think its about time I go get some lotion as I'm sure more will try to develop with twins.

Sleep: I'm not as sleepy during the day as I was a week or so ago. But I wake up multiple times throughout the night.

Best Moment of the Week: Seeing both babies are growing properly and hearing both heartbeats!! Also, graduating from the RE. I feel like a regular pregnant woman now!

Movement: None yet of course but am so anxious to feel it.

Symptoms: Thank goodness I have not had any serious nausea or vomiting. That is not to say that my stomach hasn't been feeling kinda off. My stomach definitely did not like the oatmeal I ate this morning and its not sitting too well. Other than that, I have just had this very strange pain in the left lower side of my back. It feels like it needs to crack but it just won't. It only happens after I've been sitting for awhile and try to stand up and walk. Overall, I really cannot complain. I've been very lucky as far as symptoms go and especially for having twins.

Food Cravings: Fruit always sounds amazing to me. I can't seem to get enough.

Gender: Everyone, and I mean everyone, has been telling us they think its two girls. I honestly haven't put too much thought into it as I just want them healthy.

What I Miss: Having the energy to keep up my house like I used to. I usually keep a pretty clean house but lately I just don't have energy to do all the things I used to.

What I'm Looking Forward to: Our first OB appointment today. It may just be with the nurse to get medical history info but this makes me feel like this is really real.

Weekly Wisdom: When none of your pants fit, just give in and wear the maternity ones. They are so comfy!!

Milestones: Making it to 8 weeks with both babies doing great!! Oh and graduating from the RE.

Emotions: Thrilled!!

4 comments:

  1. Glad everything's going well! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it's going well! And my house is a mess too, I just don't have the energy anymore, but don't stress yourself out about it, it is what it is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you don't mind I'm "stealing" your questions for my blog. :)

    I'm so glad you feeling well. I;m still praying for you and your little ones...

    ReplyDelete