We are holding out hope that Jared's new job has a different health insurance provider than my job, but unfortunately this provider covers a good majority of businesses in our area. So I guess we will see. Speaking of new jobs, I cannot wait for Jared to start this one. I think he is really excited to go back to doing a job he loves again! Plus, he will have more time off for us to take little getaways here and there that we have not been able to do in over a year. I'm so unbelievably excited for him!! In fact, I planned a little celebration night for him on Saturday. Selfishly, I think this will do me some good too to have at least a few hours of not focusing all of my attention on having a baby. I'm saying a little prayer that all works out with the insurance and his job as I know everything will fall into place in due time!!
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Insurance Frustration
So I have decided that there is a serious problem with the health insurance in our country! Hahaha! I'm sure most people figured this out a long time ago but since I have been a fairly healthy person for most of my life (thank God) I have never really noticed the ridiculousness that is health insurance. For instance, why do you choose to cover certain items and not others? In this case, I am referring to anything infertility related. Every contraceptive in the world seems to be covered but most plans in my state do not cover anything other than the initial consultation visit to a fertility specialist. So insurance will cover you up until you get diagnosed with fertility problems and after that they basically say, good luck and you are on your own! Now how much sense does that make?? Don't get me wrong, I believe alcoholism and tobacco cessation are very serious issues and need to be addressed but why are treatments for those items covered while the company refuses to help with bringing a baby into this world to loving people who very much want it. Ugh! This whole thing is incredibly frustrating because the costs of infertility treatments are ridiculously expensive and without help from insurance, we will have to postpone any further treatments for a few months while we save some money. After almost two full years of trying, a few more months of waiting is not what I want to hear!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment