Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

-Proverbs 3:5-6




Thursday, July 15, 2010

I'm blaming it on the meds...

Last night as I picked out my work clothes for today, I began to notice a very sad trend: none of my clothes fit :-( Pants that I bought just a year ago are now nowhere near fitting comfortably. Now I guess I will admit that I haven't been watching everything I eat as well as I should and my gym membership is probably not being used to its fully capacity. But I haven't gone crazy eating either and I have seriously gone up at least a size and about 10 pounds in less than a year. It feels like ever since beginning Clomid in August of last year, I have just been piling the weight on. I feel like I'm gaining the "Freshman 15" all over again. It's so bad that at lunch, I am going to run by the mall and try to find some new work pants. I do tend to yo-yo about 5 pounds or so but nothing like this.

Sorry for the complaining but I just hate that I am having to buy a whole new wardrobe thanks to the fertility meds!

2 comments:

  1. I HEAR YOU! I went throught he SAME THING, and it sucks. I actually spent a year pre-IF treatments working my butt off to get into the best shape of my life and lost a ton of weight. Then I start the clomid and other med, and over the 6-7 months I did treatments, I totally gained at least 15 lbs. I was so mad, because I wanted to start off pregnancy in great shape and I definitely was not where I wanted to be when we did get pregnant. Its common to gain weight because the hormones are just messing with you. I'm so sorry :( But hopefully you have Baby Belgard brewing in there now and all future weight gain will be from him/her and not more treatments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I hope you are right Lindsay. I'm sorry you had this issue too but it makes me feel a little more justified in blaming it on the meds :-)

    ReplyDelete