Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

-Proverbs 3:5-6




Monday, February 28, 2011

Lawyer Meeting & Upcoming Appts.

Well I haven't updated in awhile and mainly its because I've been trying to take a little break from the internet. More on the reason why later.

Anyway, we met with the lawyer that our RE requires us to do to discuss the consents and what to do with any frozen embryos we may have. Our RE just started requiring the lawyer meeting because Louisiana is an interesting state when it comes to the laws surrounding embryos. Now the following information is just what I remember the lawyer telling us so please forgive me if I state something incorrectly. Apparently, the state of Louisiana views each embryos as a human and therefore it is illegal to destroy them in this state. Therefore, after a year our embryos will be shipped to Texas for storage. We needed to decide what would happen to our embryos in a number of different circumstances. Very interesting to be discussing these topics! Anyway, the lawyer herself was very neat. She was an IVF patient herself and now has 3 children to show for it. She started this career after her husband told her that she should try to make a living out of her obsession. Smart man he sounds like! I asked her for any advice she could give me and she said to stay away from the internet! I already drive myself crazy goo.gling things and she said it gets worse when you are in the middle of everything. So I've been trying to take her advice.

In other exciting news, all of my meds arrived on Friday. It was a little nerve wracking trying to coordinate that because they came from two different Walgreens Specialty pharmacies. I couldn't understand why other than something about my insurance covering some things and not others. So now my guest bathroom has turned into my needle station. It doesn't seem like as much as others I have seen but my doctor is very good about not over-ordering (thank goodness because this stuff isn't cheap). On the positive side, the grand total for meds only came to just above $1800. That is fantastic considering I was budgeting for $3000! For some reason, my computer isn't letting me post a picture with this post so I will do that later.

I am now completely done with one pack of birth control pills and should only have 2 weeks left. Thankfully, the headaches have subsided but the moodiness still is hanging strong. In upcoming appointment news, I have a blood draw at my local OB/GYN next Monday to recheck my blood platelets. Then I go back to the RE next Wednesday for an ultrasound and blood draw to make sure my system is sufficiently suppressed. If everything looks good, I will start Lupron that evening.

2 comments:

  1. you're on your way.

    I think that ordering the meds is the most stressful part so far...

    I'm glad you have everything for you start date.

    I'll be praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the cost of the meds came down and that you're feeling better. Ready to go!!

    ReplyDelete