Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

-Proverbs 3:5-6




Monday, February 14, 2011

This birth control is not my friend

I don't want to sound like I am complaining because we signed up for this but I do want to document everything throughout this process so here goes...

First off, I realized how lucky I have been in life when it comes to headaches. I hardly ever got them and when I did, it is nothing that Tylenol can't help and I can usually go about my day. But this birth control is a whole different story. I have had headaches every few days and they are BAD! Like hurts to have my eyes open bad and making me slightly nauseous bad. I have been taking Extra Strength Tylenol and it is barely taking the edge off. No fun at all.

Next, I am super emotional. Last night I felt super depressed for no reason at all. I had a fantastic weekend with my husband so there was no reason for me to be sad, but I was. I stayed that way for about an hour or so and then I was fine :-)

Finally, my nurse and ultrasound tech both mentioned that I will probably have some spotting with the BCPs. I thought I was out of the woods because I stopped my period normally and had nothing. Well I started spotting on Saturday and haven't stopped. I assume this is normal but it seems weird that it is still continuing all day long for multiple days. Anyone else have this?

Ok so enough of my issues with the BCPs. It's definitely not anything I can't handle and if I get a healthy baby out of this process I will be forever grateful for everything I have gone through.

I hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yep, me too...I hate those pills...

    Headaches, spotting, nausea, no appetite, I have had all of that too... I find that if I take the Tylenol with a couple sips of Pepsi it helps. When I was young I used to get a lot of headaches and that's what Dr. recommended. I think it's the caffeine & sugar that helps.

    I only have 3 more days left of taking them and I'm So excited!

    Just think you are that much closer :)

    I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been in and out...stopping by your blog to read! My husband and I are currently preparing for our second IVF attempt...I have a blog, but it is private. If your interested in reading it please email me at Larson1985@hotmail.com and leave me your email so I can add you!

    I had spotting for a month with my last "preparation" on birth control. It sucked! I also had headaches and nausea. The nausea was so bad I had to ask to try another birth control. The nurse said the estrogen level might have been too high on that certain pill so I switched. I haven't had ANY headaches or nausea on this new pill. So aybe that is an option. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ICLW

    I started BCP about a week ago and my headaches are horrible! For some reason I only get them on Fridays. I'll be following your story since I'm just about a few days behind you.

    ReplyDelete