Jared, on the other hand, had to work because he is a firefighter and they don't get Ice Days. I have been very worried about him all day because between the limbs on power lines causing fires and the car wrecks, he has been going non-stop all day. Poor guy! Hopefully he can get some sleep tomorrow.
The bad thing about having an ice storm in the South is that the electricity goes off very easily. I thought we were in the clear until it went out around 8:30 or so this morning. Thankfully, Jared's aunt and uncle have a generator and a fireplace so I went over there for the day. I'm glad I did because we did not get power back until 5:00 pm tonight!! The weather has been so crazy all across the country lately. Gotta love winter! Here are a few pictures of the ice on the trees.


the pictures are beautiful :)
ReplyDeleteWe were supposed to be hit with 30 cm of snow a few days ago and there was so much hype about it that I got up early to make sure I get to work on time (sadly, I don't get snow days). Surprise, surprise it was barely 10-15 cm. LOL But, I agree the weather has been a bit crazy this winter even in Canada.