Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

-Proverbs 3:5-6




Thursday, February 10, 2011

Emotions & Appointments Galore!

Well I am now officially one week into taking birth control pills. It hasn't been the smoothest of rides but we are making it through. Years ago when I was taking BCPs I noticed that they made me very moody! Like, I would even recognize I was acting out of line but I couldn't seem to calm down. The doctor even switched me to the low dose hormone kind which helped a little. Well, that is happening again but I am really working on keeping it under control. I told Jared that it seems like BCPs mess with my emotions more than any other fertility med we have tried so far and I asked him to just be patient with me. We have been doing great since that conversation with me making an extra effort to keep my emotions in check and him being more understanding.

So after our initial bloodwork and ultrasound last week, I have also been to my local OB/GYN for my annual exam. At this appointment, the doctor suggested I come back to have my blood redrawn to check my platelet levels. So between now and the end of March, here is our tentative appointment schedule:

Feb. 17-Saline ultrasound & Mock Transfer
Feb. 23-Meeting with Lawyer to sign IVF consents
Mar 7-OB/GYN follow up blood draw
Mar 9-Ultrasound & Bloodwork to make sure my system is supressed
Mar 16-Ultrasound & Bloodwork to see if I can start stimulation meds
Mar 19-U/S & Bloodwork to see if stims are working
Mar 23-U/S & Bloodwork to check progress
Mar 25-U/S & Bloodwork to check progress(Tentative trigger shot date)
Mar 27-Tentative Egg Retrieval
Apr 1-Tentative Embryo Transfer

All but one of these require us driving the 3 hour roundtrip trek to our clinic. I'm sure I will say this about a million more times, but if this IVF cycle works it will all be worth it!!!!

3 comments:

  1. It is amazing the sacrifices we are willing to make to have a baby. That is a long drive!! Good luck with everything
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good that you can manage to control your emotions (I wasn't good at doing that LOL). It looks like you have all your test and appointments under control.
    By the way, just had my u/s with saline (SHG) and it was a breeze. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete