That is the question and I'm surpisingly thinking about not refunding. Here's why:
I finally got the email back last night from the multi-cycle program that my RE's office works with. They offer a refund guarantee of 70% to qualified couples, of course at an additional price. Granted, if we did get pregnant we wouldn't get any money back but obviously we wouldn't care at that point. We figured it would be worth it to do this since our RE told us that we qualified and it was basically like taking an insurance policy out for our IVF :-) We were looking at doing the One-Cycle Plus option which includes one fresh and one frozen cycle. One thing I didn't realize when I initially spoke with the program is that they require you to use all of your frozen embryos before they will refund anything. So that means that if we have a ton of frozens we will have to pay out of pocket for the remaining tranfers after the one that is included before we see a dime. That completely stinks!! Plus, I assumed the refund would be a few thousand dollars but it was $6100 more than the procedure itself!!!!!! Are you kidding me? That is just absurd! So after the fees that this program doesn't cover + meds + the 30% we don't get refunded, it ends up being only about $2000 less than if I just went through my RE's office directly for the whole thing. Are you following me on this? It sounds confusing but after thinking on it last night, it doesn't even seem to make sense to do the refund. Ugh!
Another thing I noticed was that we could end up doing a fresh IVF cycle and 2 FETs (frozen embryo transfers) directly through the RE's office and still pay less than if we got pregnant using the refund guarantee. This program doesn't seem all that great if you ask me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Your program sounds completely different than mine! Mine is through our actual clinic (no separate lender or anything.) Doesn't sound like a good program to me all! Looks like you are making the right decision!
ReplyDelete