So the new job is going great! I absolutely love it!! Logically, I know it is only day 3 so there are bound to be some things that come up that I don't just love but for now I am staying blissfully ignorant.
On the baby making front, I talked with both the financial person and the IVF coordinator at my RE's office today. The financial person sent me a bunch of information on the costs (yikes!) and the dates that they are all due. Jared and I are going to go over this tonight and discuss our plan of attack for affording this so look for a post soon on what we decided. At first, I wasn't sure how much detail I wanted to put out there to people about how we decide to pay for this. But I realized as I was researching how others pay for IVF, it would have been nice to hear others stories so I am going to include all of it. I know that there are probably a ton of people out there may not agree with financing IVF and I can completely understand their opinion but this is my blog and I want to be honest with my thoughts and emotions on here. Truthfully, I am not 100% comfortable taking out a loan for thousands of dollars but I wasn't comfortable being diagnosed with unexplained infertility either. More on this later....
So the IVF coordinator, whom I've met with before as she filled in for the other nurse for one of our IUIs, is so nice. She called to set up our IVF consultation appointment and told us to tell her our schedule and she would work around it. How many doctor's offices tell you that? I asked if they happened to do consults on Fridays (mainly because I just wanted an extra day added to my weekend) and she said no cause the doctor has surgery that day. But then she said, but could you come in this friday? The doctor has been out on vacation and doesn't have any surgeries friday so she called him on his cell to see if he would meet with us this Friday!!! How cool is that? Hopefully this type of service will continue throughout the IVF process!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

The accommodations that you received do sound impressive. It is always nice when your doctor and his staff would go an extra mile for a patient. We are in the process of switching clinics because we believe there is too much bureaucracy at our current RE's office. Really hope that your RE would continue to impress you.
ReplyDeleteWith reference to financing IVF, DH and I used our savings for the first one, so it wasn't much of a problem, but now that we have to do a second one we really need to cut our spending. But, I would do or give up anything to have a baby (as probably most couples dealing with infertility).