We have officially been approved for the financing for our IVF loan! Praise God!! It was a lot less stressful than I imagined it would be and we signed our papers today. I am so unbelievably happy and we haven't even done anything yet. It feels like we are finally moving now.
I called the RE today and she said now all we have to do is wait on good ole AF (my period, short for Aunt Flo). It should be here around the first day or two of February. Once that starts, I call our IVF Coordinator and we come in for an ultrasond and bloodwork. She will also give us our IVF calendar at the time with our dates for birth control pills, initial tests, and whatever else we have to do.
I'm going to try to stay as busy as possible this next week and half or so. Which shouldn't be too hard because I have a few important work events coming up next week and the week after. But I officially cannot wait to start my period!
Ok so here is where opinions are needed. Our doctor discussed and I have heard of women doing acupuncture with IVF. I have not ever done this nor do I know anyone personally who has. For those who have been through IVF, did you do acupuncture? If so, when did you do it during your IVF cycle? We probably won't do it throughout the whole cycle since the closest acupuncture office is about an hour away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Congratulations on getting the loan and getting started!
ReplyDeleteI've done acupuncture during my IVF. I was doing it once a week during BCP and stim stage. Then I did it before ER and it was the best, my cycle turned out to be very stressful and my acupuncturist relieved all the stress before the ER so that I was absolutely not nervous (so unlike me given it was my first) then I also did one after transfer although the best is to do just before (my schedule didn't allow for it to be before). But I am lucky as her office about 20 min drive from my house. I would recommend that you try it and see how it feels. Good luck!
Congrats Lori!!! So happy for you!!
ReplyDeleteI did acupuncture for about 9 months and didn't see any difference. In fact, it started causing me more stress than anything. I didn't do it through my IVF...and look at my response...lol!! However, you might want to give it a try and see what you think, everyone is different and many people say it relaxes them.