I realize that I am not so great at this blogging thing unless I have something IVF related to discuss. So I'm going to try to make more of an effort with this. On the job front, I still love my job. This will be my third week and as my loving mother pointed out on Facebook, this must be a record that I still like my job:-) Truthfully, she is right. I usually lose interest in a job very quickly. I'm not really sure why this is, but I do. Just as I'm about to feel comfortable with the work I'm doing, I'm usually ready to move on to something else. It's pretty bad considering I've had 5 jobs since 2005. Granted, two of the job changes were necessary because we moved out of state. So let's keep fingers crossed that this job has enough balance of challenging me and some downtime to keep my interest for awhile.
On another job front, Jared finally starts his part time job this Thursday. That was probably the longest background check timeframe in history! I know life is not all about money but the last few months have been very hard on us financially and I am looking forward to finally paying a few things off and being able to afford IVF. Now when I say financially hard for us I do not mean that we were struggling to eat or pay our bills (thank God!) but we weren't able to save as much as I was hoping or pay off a few revolving debt items. I just want us to be in the best financial place as possible before we welcome a baby!
We plan on meeting with our bank on Thursday to discuss our options for IVF financing. I know we can more than afford the monthly loan payment but I'm worried about being approved for that large of an amount. I realize some people are probably wondering why we don't just wait and save up the rest of the money for IVF but at this point we are talking years before we could do that. Some days it doesn't even make sense to me to finance this but I want a baby and a family so badly that I'm throwing common sense out of the window. Am I trying to justify this to others and myself? Yes I am but at the end of the day I know it will all be worth it when I see that positive pregnancy test, when I see that heartbeat, when I feel the baby kick, and when Jared and I welcome a baby into this world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Its great that you are enjoying your new job. I am the opposite, have been at my current position for 4 years now, the one before 3.5 years and the first one also for 4 years. I wish I could have a courage to just quit and look for something better :)
ReplyDeleteIf you ask me, I don't see anything bad in financing IVF costs, if you can afford the monthly payments. We all want to have a baby soon, and waiting years until we are financially stable, in most cases, is not an option. And it is not like we want to go through IVF, but we have to, to get what others get by just having fun.