Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

-Proverbs 3:5-6




Tuesday, July 12, 2011

17 Weeks

How Far Along: 17 weeks, 3 days

Size of Baby: According to our ultrasound on Friday, Baby A weighs 7 ounces and Baby B weighs 6 ounces.

Picture of Baby: See yesterday's post.

Maternity Clothes: Those and dresses are the only things I wear. There are still a few shirts I can wear.

Weight Gain: Maybe close to 10 lbs now? I'll know for sure at our doctor's appointment next week.

Belly: Getting bigger by the day it seems. I still can't imagaine how large it will be by the end. :-) I've had quite a few people tell me that I'm very small for being 17 weeks along with twins. I'm not sure I believe them but hey, I appreciate the compliment!

Stretch Marks: None that I'm aware of.

Sleep: Not too bad. Started waking up a little more often to use the bathroom but nothing like the first trimester.

Best Moment of the Week: Finding out our babies' genders.

Movement: Still little flutters here and there. I'm waiting for a major kick to catch me off guard, I can't wait!

Symptoms: Well heartburn has entered the game. I've gotten it at least once a day for the last few days but thankfully it doesn't last a long time. Also, I was outside in almost 100 degree heat most of the weekend and by Sunday night, I had some pretty swollen feet. I've been making sure to elevate them at night when I can.

Food Cravings: I seem to enjoy guacamole even more than before I was pregnant, if that's possible.

Gender: One cute little man and one fiesty little girl!!!

What I Miss: I don't miss anything right now. I've been very lucky so far this pregnancy and I pray it continues that way.

What I'm Looking Forward to: Our next doctor's appointment on the 19th and finally registering since we now know the sex.

Weekly Wisdom: Avoid 100 degree heat at all times, whether pregnant or not. It's just miserable!

Milestones: We now have almost a pound of baby going on inside!

Emotions: Still so incredibly happy!! Cannot believe we will have a son and a daughter. We are so blessed!

Finally, here are some 17 week photos. Jared told me that it was weird that I kept taking pictures with my shirt down so I took a few real belly pics.





2 comments: