Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

-Proverbs 3:5-6




Thursday, July 14, 2011

Already?

Yes, the swelling has started already. I figured it was inevitable that I would swell at some point considering the combination of pregnancy and the heat of summer. I was slightly surprised it happened this early and that it is occurring on only the left side of my body!

It started on Sunday night after I was outside most of Saturday and Sunday doing family things. By Sunday night, my left foot was noticeable swollen. I didn't pay much attention on Monday, but by Tuesday night it was slightly painful. Thankfully the pain went away after I elevated it for awhile but I went ahead and called the doctor yesterday just to let him know what's going on. He wanted me to come in that afternoon just to check it out. (I love how he plays it safe, it helps to reassure me for further down the road). They took my blood pressure and even though it was slightly elevated for me, it was still well below normal range. We listened to the heartbeats and he checked out the swelling. It turns out that everything is normal but I don't see the swelling getting better anytime soon. So for now, I'll just elevate my foot as much as possible and try to stay out of the heat.

Another thing that is swelling: my left hand. So much so that it has become increasingly difficult to take off my wedding ring while getting ready. I knew I would probably have to retire this at some point so I think I will look for a temporary replacement this weekend. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment