Thursday, August 19, 2010
CD 3 Ultrasound Appt.
So I had my ultrasound yesterday. It went fine, nothing out of the ordinary. The nurse went over the injectibles with me and how to administer them. I am taking Follistim and it comes in a handy dandy little pen that you put the cartridge of medicine in. You put a little needle on the end and there's a dial that turns to the correct dosage amount, then you just push the end and it squirts out that exact amount. It's pretty cool really! I start those on Friday and I'm feeling much better about it after the meeting with the nurse yesterday. The needle is so tiny and I inject it in my tummy just like the hcg shot so it should be no big deal. What I think is weird is that they are having me take the shots 5 days in a row before the next ultrasound. I figured since I responded ok to just the Femara that they would want to monitor me closer this time with both the Femara and the Follistim. I did ask my nurse what would happen if I overstimulated and she told me that we would have the option of either doing a half dosage of the hcg or just doing regular intercourse and not IUI. I had never heard of these options before. I thought they just either had you cancel or move to IVF. So I am praying we don't have to make that decision but I feel much better knowing that this cycle will not be completely lost if we overstimulate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Its been a month since you have updated! How are things going????
ReplyDelete