Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

-Proverbs 3:5-6




Wednesday, September 22, 2010

What a bad blogger I am

Ok I admit it, I've been a bad blogger. Truthfully, I wasn't sure how I good I would be at it when I first started this. Then after our 3rd and final IUI attempt failed, I didn't think I would have much more to say. Well, a lot has happened in the last few weeks and it turns out that I may have stuff to talk about after all :-)

Ok first things first...as most of you know, we were able to do one more IUI while on Jared's old insurance. I had really high hopes for this cycle since we added the injectibles. Unfortunately, it was not in the plans for it to work :-( So after a lot of discussion and soul searching, we decided that if we are coming out of pocket thousands of dollars for any procedure that it may as well be in vitro (IVF) since our clinic has a success rate of over 50%! Hey I'll take those kinds of odds any day over maybe 20% with IUI. Our clinic works with a great company that provides multiple IVF cycles for a fixed discounted price. They also offer financing so we think that is the route we will take. Plus, you can also purchase a "Refund Guarantee" which means that if we do not get pregnant they will refund us all but the refund amount. So it basically works like insurance. There will be more on this in later posts as the time gets closer. We are going to wait until the spring or early summer because we would like to save up at least the costs of the meds (around $3,000) and get a few more bills paid off so we feel more comfortable about the $12,000 investment. Plus after almost two years, we decided to take a much needed mental break from this.

And how else would you take your mind off of being baby-less? You go to CANCUN!! Yep, we are going in early November and I cannot wait. After laying off alcohol and caffeine for so long I plan on enjoying the all inclusive to the fullest!

I do have to thank Lindsay for calling me out on not blogging because it made me stop and think that I do have plenty of good things going on right now in my life. So the "Journey to Baby Belgard" blog is taking a slight detour for the next few months to discuss other life happenings. Should be interesting!!

1 comment:

  1. Thats what I'm here for :)

    I'm sorry this last IUI didn't work for you, but I am glad to see you are reflecting positively and moving forward (and I agree, the best way to move forward is on a beach with a drink in your hand). I think it is great that many IF clinics now offer the "refund" program too. It really does help you make the decision, I think.

    So enjoy your time off, and relax, have fun, and I can't wait to hear how this next chapter goes for you!

    ReplyDelete