Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

-Proverbs 3:5-6




Monday, August 16, 2010

Rollercoaster of a morning and it's only 11am!!

What a morning it has been! Filled with so many highs and lows that I'm surprised I haven't gotten motion sickness :-) I'll start at the beginning with AF finally showing-yay! Now I can finally start my next cycle and just in time before the insurance runs out. I called the doctor's office and I go in Wednesday morning for my baseline ultrasound. I'm very excited and nervous at the same time to start injectibles. Everyone I know says it isn't too bad but I still hate the thought of having a shoteveryday. Strangely enough, Jared is really excited about giving them to me :-) He was upset when he found out that the first night I have to do the shot, he will be at work and won't be able to do it. Boys are so weird!

After I get all of this scheduled, I get a chat message on facebook from Jared's sister. She was in town this weekend and we weren't able to meet up with her. I thought she was going to apologize for not meeting up with us when out of the blue she types," You and Jared are going to be an aunt and uncle." I was floored by this! She is 21 years old and engaged to a disrespectful and lazy jerk and those are the nicest things I can come up with to say about this guy. So after having the overwhelming sting of jealousy, I realized that I am more sad about this situation for her. I can only hope he turns around and becomes a supportive and loving partner with a baby on the way.

Back on a positive note, I just got off the phone with the pharmacy and I cannot express how grateful I am that my insurance covers the Follistim injections! My doctor's office uses a pharmacy that ships the medications to me and they should arrive tomorrow. The funny thing is that since they need to be refrigerated, I had them ship it to my work. I can just imagine one of my coworkers opening the refrigerator door and my Follistim sitting right next to their salad :-)

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh I have so much to say :)

    First off, the shots are not that bad, but I wish I had thought to video tape me the first time I had to do it. My hubby was supposed to give them to me too, but the timing did not work out and he was out of town, so I was on my own. It literally took me 20-30 minutes just sitting there with the Follistim pen trying to syke myself out, and when I finally got the guts to do it, I realized you don't even feel it. It was funny. So don't sweat it, it was NOT bad at all. After the first one, you'll be a pro!

    I know how you feel about your SIL (well, not about the crappy fiance, but the pregnancy part). Something very similar happened to me, where my sister told me literally the month before we got pregnant that she was expecting. At that time, we had been trying for a year and half, and she had been trying for, like, a month. I had a complete breakdown. While I was excited and happy for her, I was so sad for myself. It was the ultimate kick in the stomach to me. But it all worked out, I got pregnant the next month, and we are both expecting now, and it has been a lot of fun having someone to share it with.

    Good luck with the injectables and I'll be keeping an sys out for updates. Remember, my first round with injectables was my lucky round, so I wish you the same success!! Will you be doing an IUI again as well? Are you taking any other medications with the Follistim? I took Clomid 100 mg (which I still don't think really did anything) and Metformin, along with the injections. It was the magic cocktail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay,
    We are doing the Follistim injections with Femara and the hcg shot followed by our 3rd try at IUI. I'm really hoping that the Follistim will do the trick but truthfully I am worried. I ovulate on my own and already respond to the Femara. In fact, the doctor gave me the option to move to the injectible. Since two tries without it and over a year and a half of ttc, I am about willing to try anything at this point :-) Can I ask why the doctor prescribed you the Metformin? I have heard of people taking this but I don't know what it does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Metformin is for PCOS, and while all my tests showed I didn't have PCOS, since I had stopped ovulating on my own, the doctor thought it might help. So I took it for about a month or so. I didn't really like it too much, kinda made me sick feeling, but if it helped, I am game! If you are ovulating, then I don't think it is necessary.

    ReplyDelete