Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

-Proverbs 3:5-6




Monday, August 8, 2011

21 Weeks

How Far Along: 21 weeks, 2 days

Size of Baby: According to my WTE app, the babies are the size of summer squash and are approximately 8 inches long and around one pound! Yay grow babies grow!!

Picture of Baby: Should have more after our appointment next week.

Maternity Clothes: Yes!

Weight Gain: Around 14-15 pounds total.

Belly: Pictures don't do it justice, it's getting big now. I have to remind myself that its really not too big in comparison to where it will be in about 16 weeks.

Stretch Marks: No belly ones still.

Sleep: Holy cow I actually slept through the night last night!! I can't remember the last time I did that, its seriously been months.

Best Moment of the Week: See above.

Movement: On Friday I felt a strange feeling then all of a sudden a small round bump form under my belly button, it was totally one of their heads or tushes. It was really cool and Jared got to feel it!!

Symptoms: Experienced round ligament pain for the first time on Friday. It was kinda scary because it stayed for a few hours. I called the doctor and he just told me to go home and lay down and drink plenty of water. Now it just comes and goes but it was kinda scary having pain in my stomach and not knowing what it was. Guess my stomach needed to do some good stretching.

Food Cravings: For some reason, Hot Tamales candy sounded amazing this weekend.

Gender: One cute little man and one fiesty little girl!!!

What I Miss: Not getting tired after doing simple tasks.

What I'm Looking Forward to: Getting the nursery finished this week hopefully. There were a few complications this weekend but that will be its own post.

Weekly Wisdom: My husband helped convince me that I shouldn't feel stupid calling the doctor if I'm concerned about something. Best case scenario is that nothing's wrong and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Milestones: Jared feeling a baby's head or tush. Since he's yet to feel a kick, it's nice he got to feel something.

Emotions: Pregnancy hormones kicked in big time this weekend! I never had much patience to start with but people have been getting on my nerves so easily lately. Also, I'm pretty sure some form of nesting has kicked in because I want everything to be perfect for these babies.

And now for the 21 Week Belly Photos:



3 comments:

  1. You look great. Congrats on sleeping throuhh the night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for sleeping through the night. Enjoy it! Can't wait to see nursery pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting..Belgards and twins. I am aunt to b/g Belgard twins that will soon be 40. I am thrilled for you and will be following your happiness.

    ReplyDelete