Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

-Proverbs 3:5-6




Monday, June 13, 2011

13 Weeks

How Far Along: 13 weeks, 2 days

Size of Baby: According to What to Expect, the babies are each going to be the size of lemons (3 inches long) and 1.5 ounces each this week!

Picture of Baby: No new pics until our next ultrasound on 6/21.

Maternity Clothes: Going to have to invest in more because none of my pants fit anymore at all and few shirts still look ok.

Weight Gain: Hopefully its still about a pound and a half.

Belly: Getting bigger by the day it seems. Truthfully, I'm kind of having a little bit of a hard time with it. Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic to be pregnant but the last few days I have just felt fat. Maybe switching to all maternity clothes will make me feel better. Trying to squeeze into my old clothes is just plain depressing right bnow.

Stretch Marks: No new ones and Jared's aunt got me this amazing lotion that I've been applying every morning. It's supposed to help with the elasticity of your skin. I sure hope it works!

Sleep: Getting better. Don't want to jinx it but I've only gotten up one time each of the last two nights to pee. HUGE improvement over the 4-5 times I was getting up before!

Best Moment of the Week: Did I mention I've only woken up to pee once during the last two nights? Its been amazing! Oh and officially being in the 2nd trimester.

Movement: I know they are moving around in there but still can't feel it yet.

Symptoms: Nothing really stands out this week. Maybe its due the whole 2nd trimester thing. I've been very lucky so far throughout this pregnancy.

Food Cravings: Fruit is still one of my favorite things.

Gender: Still thinking one of each.

What I Miss: Having a lot more options for my wardrobe. Sorry coworkers but you are going to see a lot of repetition in my clothing.

What I'm Looking Forward to: My doctors appointment and sonogram on the 21st.

Weekly Wisdom: Still not feeling wise.

Milestones: Making it to the 2nd trimester!!

Emotions: Very grateful to be pregnant.

And here is my 13 week belly photo:

4 comments:

  1. Girl, break out those maternity pants, they are a god-send! They're so comfortable and take alot of pressure off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just responding to your question... :) The bra I have is brand "Simple Wishes". It's the brand that the hospital lactation consultants sold- so I know there are others out there, but the one I have works amazingly. When I had my boys 2 years ago I thought there was no way it would work, so I never got one for them and now I totally regret it! :)

    Good luck with your twins and hoping for a HEALTHY, SAFE pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the second trimester!!!!
    You look great!
    I hope you continue to feel great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the 2nd trimester! And your bump looks fab! xx

    ReplyDelete