Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

-Proverbs 3:5-6




Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thinking positively

There is a lot on my plate right now and the last few days I have felt very sad. As if dealing with infertility wasn't enough, I find myself even more stressed out around the holidays this year. Somedays I get very down and discouraged that it is taking us so long to have a baby. In doing my daily readings of other blogs, I ran across a new blog and discovered some song lyrics that have helped brighten my day. This has helped me (at least for today) put a few things in perspective and be thankful for all of the blessings in my life.

The Storms I Never See

Lord, sometimes you call upon
The wind and the waves to cease,
And there are times when in the storm,
You calm my heart with peace,
But only you will ever know
What never comes my way
All because your unseen hand
Has kept the storm at bay.

So thank you, Lord, for safety
When the winds begin to blow
And for the times you keep me
When I never even know.
In troubled stormy weather,
You always shelter me,
But Lord, I'm also grateful
For the storms I never see.

I believe that angel swords
Rebuke some deathly blows
When Satan comes in fury
And you simply tell him "no."
Lord, every trial of my life
Is subject to your will.
These earthly eyes can't see the times
You keep the water still.

So thank you, Lord, for safety
When the winds begin to blow
And for the times you keep me
When I never even know.
In troubled stormy weather,
You always shelter me,
But Lord, I'm also grateful
For the storms I never see.

1 comment:

  1. That is so good. I needed that. I have a hard time around the holidays as well and we have so much to be thankful for that I need to remind myself to suck it up sometimes. I hope you get to feeling normal soon. :)

    ReplyDelete