Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

-Proverbs 3:5-6




Monday, November 29, 2010

Sweetest Words I've Ever Heard

During these last few years, I've been all over the places as far as emotions go. Imagine that, an infertile being emotional :-) But I range from being super optimistic that one day we will be parents to the next day being super depressed and worrying that it may never happen for us. Jared, on the other hand, has always been very even keel about all of it. I think its a combination of that just being his personality and him realizing that if we were both as crazy as me I don't think we would make it through this. So when we discussed doing IVF in June, his response was "ok sounds good to me."

A little background info before I continue this story....My family and I are HUGE Iowa Hawkeye fans! We all graduated from there (with the exception of one unruly family member who shall remain nameless). Well my husband not being from there, has never been to an Iowa football game. When I was talking with my mom this weekend, we were discussing how we have to take him to one soon. So we tentatively planned to go in October next year for the Homecoming game. When I told Jared the plan, I told him that financially it makes more sense to drive rather than fly. His response melted my heart! He said "well yeah that's probably best since you will be preggo then." This was the first time that he not only brought up me being pregnant on his own but was also so optimistic about it.




No comments:

Post a Comment