Ok I know I have posted multiple times about how we plan on affording IVF and after months of contemplation we have come to the conclusion....we have no idea! We have saved a good amount of money but nowhere near the $12,000 or so that we need. My fear with the slow and steady savings approach is that I am already anxious and nervous about the whole thing...can you imagine how I will be if it takes us a whole year to save the rest? I know myself well enough to say that the longer we wait to do this, the more stressful it will be for me when we finally get to move forward with the IVF.
On the other hand, how do you justify taking out a loan for thousands of dollars to just have a shot at having a baby? The reality is that is very truly (God forbid) may not work. We are praying that we can get the money back refund but that doesn't give you back all of the money, just most of it. I think its funny how I don't put much thought at all into going to get a vehicle loan for $20,000 but the baby loan (as I call it) freaks me out. Maybe its because you walk off the car lot with a car but you might not walk out of the doctor's office with a baby. Who knows?
Ugh! Why can't we just have sex and get pregnant like the other 80% of people in this world??
Ok pity party is officially over...for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi, just found your blog from ICLW!
ReplyDeleteI am going through unexplained IF right now too. It is absolutely a hard diagnosis.
Good luck on saving up for IVF.
Hello...I'm here for ICLW...what a dilema you have. I wish I had some profound words of advice or wisdom for you. I'm hoping things will work out for you. Best of luck.
ReplyDeleteHi, stopping over for ICLW. Reading your post made me smile. I hate using credit cards, borrowing money and the like. (Don't get me wrong, I use cards, when I have to.) But, imo, a baby is the perfect thing to get a loan for, heck, get as many loans as need be. Taking a loan for a baby is making a life long investment. A car only has a life span of 10/15 years, a baby can have a life span of 80+ years. I say, take out the baby loan, drop the stress and go for your ivf!! I pray everything works out for you!! Merry Christmas! ICLW #69
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel! It isn't fair that the rest of the world makes their babies for FREE!! And, here we are dropping nearly $40k on IVF. Not fair! We could be using that money to prepare for a baby, use it to raise kids, or save for their college education! Not fair! I hope you guys are able to start in April like you hope! I know the wait is hard, I've been waiting a year and a half to start...it's hard!
ReplyDeleteHi I'm ICLWing!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry that finances are making the struggle to have a baby even more difficult for you. It is totally understandable that you struggle with the idea of taking out a loan for a medical procedure that may not result in a child. It is a gamble and you are smart to be hesitant. Only the two of you can know if it is best for you to wait & save or take the loan.
I wish you the best of luck whenever you decide to start!
Our main roadblock right now (other than our stupid bodies) is finances so I totally feel your pain. It looks like you had a blast in Cancun though and at least got your mind off ttc for a few minutes! Hope you had an amazing Christmas and that 2011 finally brings a long awaited baby to join your family! Lots of love from ICLW #110!
ReplyDelete