Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

-Proverbs 3:5-6




Friday, October 21, 2011

31 Weeks!

How Far Along: 31 weeks, 6 days

Size of Baby: I've read they start gaining about half a pound a week from here on out.  I sure hope so cause I want some big healthy babies.

Picture of Baby: None this week.

Maternity Clothes: Of course!!

Weight Gain: Maybe like 36-37 pounds by now.  I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday so I'll know for sure then.

Belly: The lovely blue veins are more and more noticeable.  I sure hope this goes away after I have the babies because it is kind of creepy looking.

Stretch Marks: None yet but I've been checking daily.  It seems like this is about the time when most people notice them so I'm lotioning up and keeping an eye.  Although I am pretty sure they are inevitable.

Sleep: Still the same: Eh! It's been better. I wake up about every hour or two to either switch positions or use the restroom. Thankfully I can usually fall right back to sleep though.

Best Moment of the Week: Getting the nursery all done with the exception of our glider.  Also, we have either received or ordered everything we think we will need for the babies.  All of the Newborn and 0-3 month clothes are washed and put away.  I feel like we got a lot accomplished this week!

Movement: All the time!  I even took a video last night because they were moving like crazy and I had set our house phone on my belly.  They either really liked the cookies I had just eaten or they hated the phone sitting there because they were pushing that phone all around :-)

Symptoms: The swelling is getting crazy!  I try to sit with my feet up as much as possible but it seems to only help a little bit.  Guess I'm stuck with this one from here on out.

Food Cravings: Nothing sticks out this week.

Gender: Boy and a girl!!

What I Miss: Nothing.  I love how much these babies move and am enjoying the fact that I am still able to protect them while they are in my belly.

What I'm Looking Forward to: My doctor's appointment on Tuesday.  I hope I can talk him into measuring the babies again.

Weekly Wisdom: Get as much done ahead of time as you can.  It feels good to know that we are prepared as possible for the babies' arrival and hopefully won't be rushing around to get things done at the last minute.

Milestones: Getting the nursery decorated and only having 2 weeks left of work in the office!

Emotions: Happy!  The babies will be here in no more than 5 1/2 weeks and I can't wait to meet them!!

Here are the 31 week belly photos:

No comments:

Post a Comment