Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

-Proverbs 3:5-6




Thursday, September 8, 2011

25 Weeks and a Long Update!

I have been a major slacker lately!  Many things have happened but I just don't seem to either remember or feel like blogging about it.  Well no more excuses!  Bare with me as there is a lot of stuff to update on.

Well I had a doctor's appt last week that I thought would be a quick in and out since I am now going every 2 weeks and they only do the ultrasound once a month.  When I arrive, I receive a slip and am told to go back to the lab.  Hmm, this is interesting because I never have to do bloodwork.  I glance down at the slip to see that I am doing my gestational diabetes test day!  This normally wouldn't be that big of a deal but of course this happens to be the day that my wonderful mother sent me homemade chocolate chip cookies to my office and I may or may not have eaten 3 that morning :-)  So I'm freaking out that I'm going to fail.  As it turns out, I passed!  I did have low iron which my doctor said is very normal with twin pregnancies.  So I've started taking an iron supplement each night with my prenatal.  Then while the doctor is checking the heartbeats he has a little difficulty finding our little boy's heartbeat.  He did eventually find it but thought it would be best to double check the heart tones with an ultrasound.  The ultrasound lady was super nice this time and even let me watch the babies move around in there for awhile.

So I'm not sure if I've mentioned the whole dresser issue I've been having for the nursery.  I don't want a changing table because space is limited with twins and I just figured I'd put a changing pad on top of a dresser.  Plus I wanted a full 6 drawer dresser that can grow with the kids instead of the combo dressers that most stores sell for babies.  So I set out to find a good quality, affordable dresser that somewhat matched our cribs.  Well apparently I was asking for the moon and stars because this has been impossible.  Most of the affordable ones had terrible reviews and the good quality ones were way expensive.  I finally found one on amazon that I loved and it said it wouldn't be released until sept. 14 so I put it on my calendar to order it on that date.  Of course I had to go back this week to see if by some small chance they released it early and now it's nowhere to be found.  So back to the drawing board I went.  Thankfully I found another dresser that is pretty similar and I went ahead and ordered it.  It should be here within the next week or so and I can't wait!!  All these adorable pajamas and onesies we have gotten need a home :-)

Now on to my super late 25 Week Update:

How Far Along: 25 weeks, 5 days
Size of Baby: WTE app says 9.2 inches long and 2 pounds each.  I have a doctor's appt. on Tuesday so we will know for sure then.
This is our little girl's profile.  So sweet!

Little girl's foot

Little Boy's profile with his hand up by his head

Little Boy's leg and foot.  Check out those long toes!
Picture of Baby: We had a surprise ultrasound at my appt. last week and got a ton of pics. Here are a few:
Maternity Clothes: Yes and I only like the pants that go over my big belly.  The ones that sit below really irritate me for some reason.
Weight Gain: Well I've started packing it on!  At my doctor's appt. last week I was up to 25 pounds already.
Belly: Getting bigger and bigger.  People are commented on how much I'm starting to show now.  I feel like I look full term somedays :-)
Stretch Marks: None yet but still have the lovely blue veins.
Sleep: This is so hit and miss.  Some nights I sleep ok, others I just toss and turn.
Best Moment of the Week: Since I'm so late on this post, my best moment from last week was getting a surprise ultrasound with a lot of pics.  Also, I passed my gestational diabetes test!!  So far this week I have enjoyed getting more decorating done in the nursery.  It's coming along!!
Movement: They move a lot now!  I love it!!  We watched a football game at our neighbor's house this weekend and with all the noise and laughing they moved throughout the whole night.
Symptoms: Still have the rib pain but it has moved into my middle back area too.  I have had a few days where no matter what I do, I can't find a comfortable position sitting or standing.  If I stretch my arms above my head it seems to help.  I think our girl is up under my ribs and stretching out must give her some more room.
Food Cravings: Oh chocolate ice cream!  I need to probably switch to something healthier because I have a bowl every single night.
Gender: Boy and a girl!!

What I Miss: Being able to go and do things.  Now I need to make sure I'm not out in the heat for too long or that I'm not on my feet very long.  I really want these babies to stay in there as long as possible so I'm not going to take any chances.  Oh and I also miss being able to see past my belly. 

What I'm Looking Forward to: Our next ultrasound on Sept. 13th!! I can't wait to find out how big they are now.
Weekly Wisdom: I rarely have anything to say here because this pregnancy brain makes me feel anything but wise.
Milestones: I'm just thankful to be another week further in this pregnancy.  Every one is a blessing that means my babies are growing bigger and stronger each day.
Emotions: Other than stressed about our daycare situation, I'm feeling pretty good this week.

Here are the 25 week belly photos.  Well technically they are from 25w4d so next week's pics may not look too much different.

1 comment:

  1. You look great!!!!
    Congrats on passing the test, such a relief!!

    ReplyDelete