How Far Along: 9 weeks, 2 days
Size of Baby: According to What to Expect, the babies are each the size of prunes this week. About 1.5 inches long.
Picture of Baby: None this week.
Maternity Clothes: I was super excited to find a pair of capris in my closet that still fit, but that's about it for pants. Most all of my shirts fit but I'm either wearing my two pairs of maternity pants or the bella band over my regular pants.
Weight Gain: Still right about where I started. No weight gain yet. I'm sure it will be coming though.
Belly: Still looks a little puffy but not really pregnant yet.
Stretch Marks: Still no new ones, although the other day my side was itching pretty bad and I noticed I was scratching a stretch mark. I need to quit putting off buying the stretch mark lotion.
Sleep: Pretty good. Going to bed between 9-10pm and sleeping until 6:30am. Of course, there are multiple potty breaks throughout the evening.
Best Moment of the Week: Learning the ropes at the OB office. It just feels so neat to be able to walk in that office pregnant!
Movement: None yet of course but am so anxious to feel it!!
Symptoms: Had my first real bout with nausea the other night. I woke up and felt like I was going to be sick. I ate some crackers very slowly and eventually started feeling a little better. That was a close call! I really hate puking. Still have to say that I've been very lucky as far as symptoms go and especially for having twins.
Food Cravings: Still fruit mainly. Although from time to time, random things will pop into my head and I will think I have to have them.
Gender: For fun, Jared and I did the whole needle on a string trick over the spot where each baby is and it said one was a boy and one was a girl. Guess we will see if it was right.
What I Miss: Still lacking energy but other than that, pregnancy is treating me pretty well.
What I'm Looking Forward to: Our next OB appointment on the 24th where I actually get to meet with my doctor. The appt last week was so pointless as my pregnancy has already been confirmed through my RE and my OB office has just one nurse that meets with all new pregnant patients. Since she isn't my doctor's nurse, she couldn't really answer any questions I had about how he handles twin pregnancies.
Weekly Wisdom: When nausea sets in, make sure you have crackers close by. They are a lifesaver.
Milestones: Making it to 9 weeks and cutting back on my progesterone!
Emotions: Still super excited about everything!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You're moving right along...
ReplyDeleteI have to say I'm kind of jealous of your tight pants. I'm sill in my regular clothes.
Glad you're doing well.. empathise with the tight pants. I can't claim to have pregnancy weight yet, but I'm definitely bigger because of the IVF drugs.. just went through all my summer clothes now it's proper summer here and barely any shorts fit :( But a good excuse to buy some new stuff :)
ReplyDeleteYou are moving right along!! I hope it continues to go smoothly!
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you guys!
ReplyDelete