For our efforts, I've decided I'm going to look for a part time job (at least for the holiday season) and we are going to continue tightening our belts as much as possible. We do, however, realize that this alone will not cut it to cover the total cost of IVF. We have also decided to begin fundraising and as a coworker put it, "Begin building our Nest Egg." I loved that term! Anyway, I am open to all kinds of suggestions but here's what we have come up with so far:
1. Garage Sale-asking all friends and family to donate items
2. Making and selling decorative Christmas ornaments (need to get on this one)
3. Making and selling Christmas cards
4. Large Pokeno Bash-inviting all Pokeno groups and have a few prizes and ask that people please donate to the "Nest Egg"
5. Collecting soda cans-we are asking all friends and families that live in states that have a can redemption policy to please save the proceeds
Again, please feel free to add any and all ideas.
Thanks Friends!!

No comments:
Post a Comment