Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

-Proverbs 3:5-6




Monday, October 11, 2010

And we are back!

After a great long weekend visiting family in Omaha, we are back to reality. It was so great to see everyone, but especially my nieces and nephews. I love them so much!! The first night in town, Jared and I talked with my step sister and her husband until probably midnight about their infertility journey. It was so refreshing to talk with a couple who have been through it and know how we feel! Plus it helps that they now have two healthy kids which helps us to stay positive. Jared was able to hear from my step sister that I am not crazy for crying every other day and for being so pushy about moving to the next step. It also helped to hear my step sister's husband talk about his experience from a man's perspective. Since we know no one down here that has gone through this, it is nice that Jared was able to hear how another man dealt with this infertility process. So while I am still not thrilled about having to wait until July to do IVF, it is nice to have someone I can talk to that totally understands what we are going through.

On a lighter note, we got our passports in so the countdown to Cancun is on! Only 23 days left!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your kind words Lori. It is so nice for us to know that we are not alone though we feel like it most of the time. I'm so glad you got to talk to someone about infertility. I knew no one and finally found help in a support group. It amazes me how many people suffer from infertility but it's always hidden. Cancun sounds great!

    ReplyDelete