Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

-Proverbs 3:5-6




Thursday, September 30, 2010

Is it July yet??

Apparently, that control freak book that I ordered needs to hurry up and get here! I want to first say that I am very thankful and excited about the events I have coming up in the next few months. First is our trip to see my family for my dad's 60th birthday. I can't wait to see my nieces and nephews, oh and everyone else too :-) Next up is our trip to Cancun in November. Neither Jared nor I have ever been out of the country or to an all inclusive resort so we are really excited about this trip. Then we have the holiday season and who doesn't love that time of the year? Finally, in May we will be taking a family cruise to Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. This is a lot of trips for two people who rarely travel anywhere!

All that being said, I still am not sure how I am going to be able to make it until July to do IVF. I feel like I have already waited so long and come so far in this process that a 9 more months (anyone see some irony here?) seems like torture! At first, I had a difficult time even coming to the conclusion to do it since it is so incredibly expensive. Now that I have resolved myself to the idea, I wish we could just do it now. It doesn't help that work has been kinda slow lately so I have been reading a lot of blogs from women who are in the process of doing it. I have been gathering a ton of info from these ladies and I wish I could be writing about that right now too. My heart is ready for a baby! I even asked Jared the other night if he really wanted to wait until July and he reminded me that being sick all day long while on a 7 day cruise is probably not the most fun experience. Since I tend to get motion sickness, we are probably guaranteed that would happen if I was pregnant by then. Is it sad that I actually contemplated whether I could deal with that or not? So while my heart is ready, my head is saying it does make the most sense to wait. I just wish the voice in my head would speak a little louder because it seems like my heart is screaming.

1 comment:

  1. The time will go faster than you think, especially with all those trips you have planned! Just spend time with your hubby and keep yourself busy, and before you know it, it will be July!

    ReplyDelete