I just wanted to say thank you to all of the amazing support and encouraging words I received on my last post. It was truly overwhelming to have such great advice and positive feedback from so many of you!!
Thankfully last night was better and I felt like I got to spend time enjoying my kiddos. Audrey is starting to do a lot of talking and smiling and it truly melts my heart! Thanks to some of your advice, I left the bottle washing and making up to the hubby. Both babies also took about a 45 min. nap which allowed me to make dinner and do a bunch of other little things around the house. My biggest problem is asking for help and y'all helped me to realize that sometimes I just have to suck it up and ask hubby's family to help when I'm feeling overwhelmed. I'm even getting a night out tomorrow for dinner with a friend and baby shopping!
It's reassuring to know that I'm not alone in feeling overwhelmed and that it just happens from time to time. No one ever said this would be easy but after last night's quality time with my little man and baby girl plus all of your kind words, I'm feeling like I can do this. Just need to take it one day at a time. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Glad you are feeling better today! My husband is on bottle duty too! I found you just have to give them regular jobs so that they become comfortable with them and after awhile they just know it's their job and you don't have to ask them to do it anymore! Both you and your husband should be doing equal baby and house stuff in the evenings so that neither one of you becomes overwhelmed or gets to spend more time with the kiddos. My husband and I used to get on the computer in the evenings..not any longer! When he gets home from work he helps with dishes, feeding, changing, holding, etc.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that things are better.
ReplyDeleteAfter loosing Eleanna that's when I knew how many people out there really do care and want to help us.
I hope that I'm able to ask for help when I need it. Lord know's there will plenty of duties to go around.
I'm glad you gave your hubby a job too. I think that he's probably glad that you did too. Sometimes they just don't know what help you need.