First I must start by saying that we have been very blessed to have 2 beautiful and healthy babies! We had limited NICU time for Colton and they have been good sleepers since Day 1. But now our poor baby girl has had one little issue after another. I say little because nothing is dampening her mood but she started with having "goopy" eyes at just a few weeks old. The doctor said she has blocked tear ducts and other than massaging the corner of the eye, there really isn't much you can do about it. Then about a week or so ago, she developed cradle cap. It even spread down onto her face making a big red rash on both cheeks and a flaky forehead. Finally, this weekend I noticed an increase in her spit up after feedings to where she began doing it after every bottle despite being in an upright position and burping frequently. The doctor said she has acid reflux and prescribed her Zantac :-( Thankfully she will grow out of all of her issues in time, I just hate it for her now. Colton, meanwhile, has basically been unaffected by any of these issues.
On a happier note, they are slowly but surely starting to recognize each other when we put them together. A few times they have even smiled and laughed at the other one. Here is a pic of them cuddling together on the pillow:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Such a cute picture...
ReplyDeleteHopefully all her issues clear up soon.
I am dealing with the tear duct issue with my almost 2week old. Its so sad to see their eyes get goopy! My first child had reflux and the zantac tasted so horrible, she was changed to prevacid (LOVED prevacid). Hope your little one is better soon!
ReplyDeleteLove the picture. Like you said, all of those are issues that will be resolved but you just hate it for her, especially the spit up. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteI just happened upon your blog and I had to comment. I have 13 month old b/g IVF twins. My little boy had/has bad reflux that kept him in the NICU for 8 weeks with breathing issues associated with his reflux. He was on prevacid for about 4 months but has seemed to outgrow it. Good luck! They are adorable.
ReplyDelete