Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

-Proverbs 3:5-6




Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Interesting News...

I received some interesting news yesterday morning. It turns out that someone very close to me struggled with infertility also. Now let me first start by saying that I would never wish infertility on my worst enemy in a million years, but in a very strange way it kinda felt reassuring. Especially because the outcome was very positive for this couple as they now have 2 children! I knew this couple had some difficulty trying to conceive but I had no idea they had a very similar journey. Hearing their story made me feel a little less alone in this struggle. I think having someone to go to for advice or just to have someone listen who truly knows what I am feeling will make a world of difference for me. Plus it reminded me that just because one attempt at an IUI failed, does not mean that it will not eventually work for us.

On another note, I went to see Eclipse last night and I LOVED IT!! Even though my friends and I went to see a double feature of Twilight and New Moon before the midnight premiere, somehow it did not seem like we spent over 8 hours in the movie theater! Haha! I know that is a little hard core but there were a bunch of us girls and it was more about the experience than anything. I am pretty sure I will end up seeing it once more in the theaters :-)

So tomorrow morning is my follow up ultrasound. I've been feeling like I have to pee about every 5 minutes it seems like so I'm hoping there are a few big follicles in there. It would be great if the IUI ended up being on Monday because I'm off of work and it would be nice to not have to take more time off. That way I could also just take the remainder of the day to relax. Well I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Monday will be the day but I should know more tomorrow.

2 comments: