Anyway, this morning I woke up pretty scared about the process. Of the few people that I know of with fertility problems that have ended up pregnant from IUI, they have all had some other sort of medical issues. Some had thyroid problems and others had irregular periods or skipped periods altogether. I am thankful that I have had neither but this also causes me concern. Why wouldn't we have gotten pregnant in 4 years without birth control and 16 months of timed intercourse if my period comes like clockwork every month? Is the IUI really going to increase our chances when all it essentially does is cut down on the length of the "trip"? It also doesn't help that I heard some really discouraging news yesterday about someone I know that has infertility issues and was unsuccessful with IVF.
Sorry to write such a depressing post but this is my outlet for my emotions, good and bad. I'm sure my attitude will turn around to be more optimistic in the next few days but for the moment I'm just feeling a little discouraged.

No comments:
Post a Comment