It's so unbelievable to think that we have a whole year of twin parenting under our belts!! I am so incredibly humbled by the fact that we are the parents to these two beautiful kiddos (if I do say so myself)! What a crazy year it has been too! While I am not a mushy, overly affectionate, overly emotional kind of gal, I have found myself brought to tears many times over my babies turning one. It's such a strange feeling of happiness, sadness, joy, and relief. Happy that I am able to call these babies my son and daughter. Sad that slowly but surely these two are drifting away from being babies anymore. Joy that we have two healthy and happy kids. Relief that we have made it a whole year and everyone has survived :-)
It's amazing to look back to their hospital pictures and see how little they were. I can't even remember them being that small.
This was taken at just a few weeks old.
They are doing more and more each day. Here are some of the current highlights:
Colton-Goofy is the word to describe this little guy. He loves being the center of attention. He loves laughing and making you laugh. Colton is slightly taller than Audrey but very skinny. Just recently his appetite has picked up big time and he is slowly starting to get a little tiny belly (which I love!) Though he hasn't even ventured to try to walk on his own, we have a walk behind toy that he literally pushes all over the house. He is so steady on that thing that I know if he just tried, walking on his own wouldn't be a problem at all. Currently, he has 3 teeth on the bottom and 4 on the top. He is obsessed with Mickey! He dances to all the songs on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and will stop in his tracks if he hears Mickey's voice come on tv.
He has a pretty decent vocabulary so far. He says Dada, Mama, Bye-Bye (accompanied by waving), Puppy and Bailey (our dog's name) but it actually sounds more like Bay-eee. Colton is a pretty picky eater. There is not a vegetable that you will eat more than a few bites of. Guess the apple didn't fall from the Daddy Tree on this one :-)
Audrey-The girl is just like her momma through and through. She is Miss Independent. She will play by herself forever but when she wants your attention, you better give it to her. Otherwise she will throw the world's biggest fit which usually includes her throwing her head down on the ground. Thankfully she usually does this on our rug in the living room but last night she attempted it in the bathtub. She came up spitting and sputtering water (I don't think she will attempt that again). She loves her brother so much! She will come up to him and put her head on his or give him a smooch. She will blow kiss and say a loud "Muah" with it! Too cute! But she only does this when she's in the mood. Audrey also will give you a big open mouthed kiss if you get close to her face and ask her for a "smooch". She is a fantastic eater. There hasn't been too much that she will not eat. She will say Dada and Mama but that's about it right now. She can balance standing if you let go of hands but only for a second or two. Walking with the walker is still somewhat new and she doesn't go too far but she likes to walk on her tip toes which could be part of the reason she's unsteady :-) Her hair is getting pretty long and hangs in her eyes so its usually a Pebbles ponytail on top of her head or pigtails everyday. Surprisingly, she doesn't put up much of a fight most days for me to do her hair. I think she likes it when I tell her how pretty she is when I get done. Poor baby still only has two bottom teeth. Not sure when the others will come in :-)
I am sure there are many other things I should comment on that I've forgotten but those are most of the major highlights right now. I'll leave you with a few recent pictures of the kids and of their 1st Birthday Party which was Thing 1, Thing 2 themed.
Audrey-12 months
Colton-12 months
Checking out his new DVD
Audrey had her eyes closed but this is the best pic I have of her outfit
Didn't do too bad :-)
This is supposed to be a picture of the decor but Jared(center), his dad(left) and his sister(right) posed. Do not adjust your screens, yes his dad is wearing a giant cowboy hat. :-)







Happy birthday to your babies!! Wow, I can't believe it's been a year. I remember when they were first born! Looks like it was a fabulous party.
ReplyDeleteThey are sooooo cute! Happy birthday!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAw, they are just adorable! Congrats on making it through the first year! I'd like to say it gets easier, but toddlerhood with twins is a whole other adventure. ;) Happy birthday babies!
ReplyDeleteAww such cuties.
ReplyDeleteMy boys are almost 7 months I can't hardly believe we are on the downhill slide of their first year...crazy...
Any twin Mom tips?