We are still here! I've been keeping up with everyone's blogs daily but have just not had the energy to post something myself. Basically I've just been lazy :-) But now that our babies are 6 months old I felt this was a good time for an update. First, let's start with the good stuff: pictures!
Things are starting to get to a really good place lately. Not sure if that's due to their age or the Zoloft but either way, life is good. :-) Seriously though, I did struggle for awhile with anxiety after I went back to work. I constantly felt like I was drowning in everything I had to do. And that was another problem, I felt like I spent each day just checking off things on a to do list as opposed to actually enjoying my children. It took awhile for me to realize that I just needed to talk to the doctor. Reading a fellow blogger's post actually is what gave me the push to actually have the conversation. Thanks Jessica! Now I take time to just play and enjoy my kids and I feel WAY less stressed about everything.
I can't believe how much they have grown and changed in 6 months. Colton now weighs 14 lbs. 6 oz. and Audrey weighs 14 lbs. 12 oz. They both have a long list of nicknames. Colton's are Dude, Dude Bug, Bug Man, and Bubba. Audrey's are Chunky Monkey, Sis, Rose, Rosie, and Rosa. No idea where all the Rose nicknames came from but they stuck. Colton is a wild man! He is trying so hard to crawl but can roll or scoot to wherever he needs to be. It's already time to baby proof the house because this little guy is trying to get into everything. Audrey on the other hand is much more laid back and always has been. She's content to just lay there and play with a toy or her hand most of the time. They are both obsessed with the jumperoo! They will play in that thing forever. Audrey also has a little walker (I say it's Audrey's because I could only find a pink one and she enjoys it more but they both play in it) which they both have figured out how to move but only in reverse :-)
We are still waiting on them to be able to sit up and for their teeth to come through. It seems like they have been teething since 3 1/2 months but still nothing yet. Mommy's life has been made a ton easier since they both have learned how to hold their own bottles! They started experimenting with solid foods here and there at about 4 1/2 months. We are now giving them a fruit in the morning and a vegetable each evening. They both do so well with the spoon.
They are still not sleeping through the night consistently. Audrey is much better about this and generally sleeps through the night unless she has a cough or an ear infection. Colton will wake up 2-3 times per night just flopping around in his crib. Generally his eyes are closed but he is fussing and rolling all around. Usually we just pat his tush a few times and he will calm back down. He did have a 3 night stretch of sleeping through the night but unfortunately, Audrey took her turn of waking up those nights :-( Oh well, it will happen eventually.
Those are the main highlights for now. I can't wait to see what the next 6 months has in store for our little family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Yah for 6 months! I have 6 1/2 month twin girls.. the sleep thing... I will sleep again someday right??? HA HA wouldnt trade it for the world!
ReplyDeleteThey are too cute!
ReplyDeleteI am on prozac now and it helps sooo much!
Glad things are getting better!
6 Months really is the point where things started to come together for us too!
Lori, I am so, so glad you talked to someone about how you were feeling! Sometimes we just need a little bit of help to get back to our normal selves, and that is totally okay!
ReplyDeleteAnd oh, your babies.... SO darn cute!!
Yay for the update! They are so cute!! The sleep thing does get better too.. Audrey sounds kinda like Brittyn was and Colton like Baylee. It took Bay longer to start sleeping through the night but by about 7 or 8 months she was and they've done great ever since, even with napping still unless there's sickness or teething going on of course. Glad you're feeling better too! I kinda sound like what you described you were feeling like and have contemplated going in too..maybe I need to consider it a bit more!
ReplyDeleteI love you and thoroughly enjoy our friendship!!! I love those beautiful babies!!!
ReplyDelete