Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

-Proverbs 3:5-6




Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Quick Update and Pic Overload

As you can imagine, things have been very busy around our household lately.  We have had many visitors including my mom and sister from out of town.  We are starting to get a schedule down with the babies and feedings.  Oh and I stopped breastfeeding about a week and a half ago.  I wasn't producing much at all and breastfeeding two babies was just too much for me.  I have an enormous amount of respect for women who are able to do it!  So we are doing formula feeding and they eat about 2.5 oz every 4 hours.  Not too bad for overnight sleeping since Jared and I each take a feeding "shift" so each person gets a decent amount of sleep each night.

Audrey is the most laid back baby ever!  I pray this continues.  It's kind of surprising though since she was definitely the most active baby while I was pregnant.  I seriously think she could sleep through the night if we let her. 

Colton is such a sweet little man!  He makes the best faces.  Unfortunately, he is pretty gassy which leads to a good amount of fussing.  We give him gas drops in his night time bottles and just as needed throughout the day.  I think I'll talk to the pediatrician about possibly switching formula if necessary at our next appointment.  The poor guy will sleep after his bottle for about an hour and then wake up fussing and sometimes screaming.  It breaks my heart to see him arching his back in pain and that sad look on his face :-(

Both babies are gaining well.  At their last appointment, he was up to 5lb. 11oz and she was up to 6lb. 2oz.  Since he lost down to 4lb. 15oz. and she lost to 5lb. 11oz. I think we are doing pretty well here.  We have put them together a few times but they don't seem to notice each other much at this point.  I'm thinking Colton will end up being a momma's boy and Audrey will be a daddy's girl.  But only time will tell.

Here are a bunch of pictures since its been forver since I posted:
Colton William
Audrey Lynn
Holding my baby girl for the first time.  Please ignore my 3,000 chins!
Audrey all snuggled up
Feeding my little man for the first time
First picture with Colton
This is how Colton was the first time I saw him.  It broke my heart but he did great with the IV.

Don't I look cute?

The pacifier is just hanging on

Audrey checking out her home

The sweetest sight ever!
He's so little that we have to roll up a lot of the sleeves on his outfits

Sleeping so sweetly

Just barely hanging on to the pacifier

Not too aware of each other just yet

Sweet baby girl
All cuddled up with mommy

I love how they sleep!


All dressed up to pick up grandma and Aunt Jill from the airport

Look how little they were when they first came home.  Their hats are huge on their heads.  They fit snug now.


One of Colton's funny faces

One happy momma!!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! They are precious. I love their names too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pics of your beautiful new family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about you.

    Glad to hear you are staring to settle in.

    I love seeing the pictures the brought tears to my eyes...I can't wait till I get to bring home my 2 babies...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your babies are beautiful! Congrats on keeping them in there for so long. That was hard work!

    ReplyDelete